To apply, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. or Canada. To be eligible for admission, students must:
- Receive a Baccalaureate degree by August of the year they seek to enter Sackler School of Medicine.
- Have completed at least one full year of coursework at a U.S. or Canadian college or university.
- Have lived in the U.S. and/or Canada for four years (not consecutive) out of the last ten years.
- Have taken the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) of the American College Testing Service, Iowa City, Iowa. The official results must be received by the NYC office no later than 4 p.m. (EST) on May 28, 2020 deadline. There will be no exceptions. Recent MCATs required; MCATs taken before May 1, 2017, are not valid.
- Meet the minimal requirements set by the New York State Education Department for the New York State Program for a premedical curriculum. This includes one year or six credits (two semesters) in each of the following subjects: Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Math, and English.
Note: The grades for these courses must be submitted by the end of the Spring semester of the year you are applying.
Sackler School of Medicine follows AAMC course classification. For more information please go to: https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/article/course-classification-guide/
ONLINE COURSES ARE NOT PERMITTED.
Please attach the following documentation to your online application:
- Passport Size Photograph (2 x 2 inches or 51 x 51 mm in size)
- MCAT Score. Recent MCATs required; MCATs taken before May 1, 2017, are not valid.
Please mail the following documentation to our New York Office:
Sackler School of Medicine
Committee on Admissions
17 East 62nd Street
New York, NY 10065
- Official transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended since graduation from high school. For those students who will not graduate until after applying, please note that acceptance is contingent upon receipt of proof of graduation.
NOTE: Electronic transcripts are not acceptable.
- A premedical advisory committee letter of recommendation is required if your college or university has a committee. If your college or university does not have a committee, please provide two letters of recommendation from premedical science or post-bac faculty members and a recent additional letter of recommendation.
NOTE: These letters may be e-mailed by the institution or letter writers to the NYC office, at email@example.com or forwarded via Interfolio, or mailed.
To help the Admissions Committee assess the maturity and commitment of the applicants, we have provided space on the application form to describe interests, employment experiences and extracurricular activities.
The office will not contact applicants to advise of any missing documentation. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete. You may send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not phone the office for this information).
The New York State/American Program will accept applications from previously unsuccessful candidates if there is additional information for the Committee to assess.
The New York Admissions Office uses the following timetable:
- September 9, 2019 – May 28, 2020: Acceptance of Applications
The Admissions Department accepts new applications during this period. The date May 28, 2020, is the final deadline for all applications, together with all mandatory and supplemental documentation, to be submitted.
- Fall 2019 – June 2020: Interview Period
Applicants who are deemed eligible by the Admissions Committee are invited for a one-on-one interview. Interviews are conducted in the Sackler NYC office, as well as in California, Florida, Washington state, and Illinois.
- February 2020 – August 2020: Notification to Applicants
Applicants who have been interviewed will receive notice as to their status during this period.
Deadline for Submission
Applications for 2020—along with all supporting documents—are due by 4 pm Eastern Daylight Time on May 28, 2020. There will be no exceptions.
A non-refundable application fee of $100 is required before an application is processed. Payment must be made via PayPal. You will see instructions regarding payment of the fee during the application process.
NOTE: If you have received permission from our New York office to submit your application by mail, you may pay the $100 fee by check or money order, payable to Sackler School of Medicine. Please mail both your application and check to our New York office.
No applications will be reviewed until all supporting documents have been received. No documents will be accepted after the 4 p.m. May 28, 2020 deadline. There will be no exceptions.
The Admissions Office evaluates applications after all supporting documents have been received. We carefully review applications from a comprehensive perspective, taking into account:
- Scope and quality of each student’s academic background
- MCAT Scores
- Premedical committee evaluations and letters of recommendation
- Clinical and research experience
- Employment references
- Personal information
All candidates under serious consideration for admission will be interviewed. Interviews are by invitation only and will be arranged by the Admissions Office.Application for Admission